Residential design. Big or small.
I have designed just about every type of building there is (including libraries, a hospital, a theater, dormitories, and a courthouse). But it has always been the design and building of homes that brings me the most joy.
I believe that it is important to remember that good design is good to have at all price ranges. Big or small, good design can make all the difference. So don't be afraid to spend the requisite time and effort to make it (whatever it is) just right. After all, no one has ever regretted doing something well!
I have completed projects with budgets from $3000 to over $6 million, for example:
- Turning a garage into an indoor basketball court.
- Renovated various homes with authentic period detailing to meet historical district requirements.
- Converted an attic space into a nine seat home theater.
- Added landscaping and a two bedroom guest house to an existing home.
- Renovated the exteriors of houses to make them super energy efficient.
- Renovated a newly purchased apartment to include a new main staircase between floors and new master suite.
- Numerous kitchen remodels, from modern to classic in design.
- A small poolhouse.
- Designed built-in cabinets, and laid-out small home theater systems.
- Renovated a kitchen with Ikea cabinets on a shoestring budget.
- Designed several built-in furniture pieces.
- Small covered boathouse on a lake.
- Small covered entryway, laundry room and mudroom.
Great projects come in all different sizes!
If you have a design problem you would like some help on, please feel free to use the Contact page to send me an email or give me a call.